Foxfooding Preview

The Participation team, along with a number of stakeholders throughout Mozilla, have been working hard on a program to ignite Firefox OS as a from-the-ground-up project to continue momentum building a first-class mobile platform. In 2015 as we are building out the next phase of Firefox OS, it is a crucial time and we want you to be there to shape the future.

We are really excited to let you know that next week we will be launching a renewed program to support Firefox OS Participation, and we want to give you a sneak peek of what’s coming.

As a way to unify all participation opportunities we will be launching the Firefox OS Participation Hub as a central site where you can discover how to get involved with Firefox OS and install the latest version on your device. The central contribution areas that the hub will be showcasing are Foxfooding (our take on dogfooding), ports to Android and other devices, b2gDroid, Gaia development, and Firefox OS add-ons. The goal is not to displace other sources of information, but to make it more accessible from a central location.

If you have a compatible device (they will be listed on the Hub), we want you to be able to experience, test and hack the latest version of Firefox OS (2.5) along with all the new features that are coming. Just by becoming a Foxfooder, you are helping shape the future of Firefox OS, and deeper opportunities will surface –  from filing bugs, to joining discussions, to developing for the platform and on top of it. Community participation is key in this new phase.

In preparation for launch, get your Flame devices ready. If you don’t have one, there will be a limited number of new Foxfooding devices that you can apply for if you commit to being a regular user. We’ll also be showcasing exciting ports for some existing Android devices on the market. We have opened this discourse category that will be the central place for discussions about this program, if you are interested we recommend you to log in with your Mozillian account and select “Watching” from the top right blue bubble so you can get email notifications about everything that is happening there.

This truly has been a team effort. We pulled in members from engineering, developer relations, engagement, legal, research, metrics, and other teams who are fully invested in the open evolution of Firefox OS. Join us and you can play an important role in it’s success.

23 Likes

Hey @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q i am interested and and commit for being a regular user and contributor to program please tell me how can i participate and get a device as i don’t have any fx-os device.

2 Likes

Hi @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q, this is absolutely awesome!!!

I have 2 flame devices, one with Spark, the other without. I’m using the non Spark one as my primary phone. I’ll be available to help testing as much as I can!

Gabriela

1 Like

hi @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q am ready for anything that i can help in i have flame and keon and tablet :smile:

1 Like

Hi @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q,

I have 2 flames ready for foxfooding. One as my primary, the other will be loaned to fellow mozillian.

2 Likes

Hi @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q, This is purely awesome :smiley: I am very much interested :blush: and standup for anything that i can help in i have developer preview Peak :smile:

1 Like

Hi guys

I have a Flame running the latest 2.6 OTA, using it as my daily driver. I would like to get in the loop and contribute even more this awesome project.

1 Like

I’ve starteed to talk in French on my Own blog about Firefox OS 2.5 - Spark (tested on a ZTE Open C) http://genma.free.fr/?Firefox-OS-2-5-Spark-Premieres-impressions,

In Toulouse at an event about Free Software, where I’m gonna talk about FirefoxOS (and 2.5 version) https://2015.capitoledulibre.org/programme/presentation/19/

I’ll be following this topic.

1 Like

Awesome news @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q!
Fully appreciate to discover more scopes for Firefox OS. I desire Firefox OS will do a singaficant impact in the entire world. I have a peak device with me, hope that will work. Regards.

1 Like

I am interested in help

1 Like

Flame at the ready! Do we need to flash a particular build or just stay on the nightly channel?

1 Like

More news coming soon, don’t worry you’ll have all the details on the Hub :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q, exciting topic!!! I already have flame and very much interested to be a foxfooder… :smile:
Keep us up-to-date and do share how to get started…!!! :smiley:

1 Like

hey @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q this is absolutely awesome news!!! :smile:

i am so much interested and and commit for being a regular user and contributor to this program . I’ll be available to help testing as much as I can! :smile:

1 Like

awesome news! looking forward to Firefox OS in 2016

Hi @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q. I was supposed to receive a Flame device in the previous batch, bad somehow it was never arrived. I wish to contribute as much as I can but doesn’t currently have a device to test with. Please let us know when we can apply to the program.

3 Likes

Good!

Ready for the test and more contributions :smiley:

1 Like

Hello,I’am from Tunisia (North Africa) so I have a phone with firefox os 2.0 called Orange klif (it’s a PIXI 3(3.5) Dual SIM Version 4022D ) so could you build an image of firefox os 2.5 for orange klif and support firefox os 2.5 in africa.

Great! Would love become part of the initiative.

1 Like