Improvements for the call

As we end 2015, we want to take some time and reflect on how this weekly calls went and how to improve them in 2016 - let’s gather here some feedback and take action from them.

2 Likes

Perhaps, if we can have the call timings rotate in such a way there is equal opportunity across time zones in 2016. Thanks!

Moved to main reps category because this is not about a specific meeting and also more people will get notified :wink:

I just wanna point that there is a whole thread from earlier this year with lots of suggestions https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/what-do-you-think-about-the-weekly-call-feedback-topic/2021

We could go through it and extract some good ideas and simplify them.

I still think implementing RepsFM (radio/audio) would be nice, host the audio files on soundcloud should be fine…

My recommendation before jumping into new ideas:

• [Context - What happened, where are we right now] Get a report from @Ioana and @couci about what worked and what didn’t work last months and current status.
  • [Define a clear problem statement] What do we want to change, when, why and how are we going to measure it. Example “How might we increase call attendance by 20% within the next 3-months?”
  • [Solutions] Based on the problem statement, work on possible concrete solutions to get to it.

I think we need to keep in mind that only a fraction of Reps can make it. I have two suggestions, and perhaps it would be worth having 2 meetings, one for each!

1. The current purpose is keeping Reps informed, so keep that purpose, but design it in mind that most Reps will be consuming the meeting after it has been filmed, and run it much more like a news broadcast. Design it for those viewing after, not for those who can attend.

2. I think we need a working meeting, like a scrum meeting, where Reps can take on action items, and report on progress they’ve made. Geshido. Reps who have taken on action items would then have a reason to try and make those calls if they can. People who can’t make the call can still take items and report back before the meeting, but the meeting can drive planning and progress.

I know yet some might be outdated and wanted to start a fresh one so people get a notif. ( the meeting was organized them by Nukeador)

1. It is implemented since summer - at least that is what we wanted to be - not sure if u feel it is otherwise
  2. We started doing this with Events and big things like Mid term planning in Indonesia and Philippines

Thanks for he suggestions - they show is we are ok a good path with it.

1 Like