End of Year Receipts Campaign

Hi Amazing Reps,

One of the topics we discussed this year during the ReMo Camp with the mentors was on how all the Reps are accountable, we discussed about the responsibilities and the roles of each one of us as Reps, and one important topic was raised up, and that was: Budgets.

When I proposed my candidacy for the Reps Council, I promised that I would be working hard to make this process less painful and more faster for the Reps, so far, we have done a lot of changes to the current Budget system under the hood, and we hope that you can see the first big changes in the next months, starting with a series of training videos, and a redesigned budget request system integrated into the Reps Portal, also a lot of other small changes, yet there is something very important that no matter how many improvements we do to our budget system if this “issue” is not solved it can bring down everything we have worked on, at that is “Accounting”.

Mozilla as any other company in the world needs to fill their accounting books, as the Reps program is financed by Mozilla, Reps are obliged to report all the expenses to accounting by submitting the receipts for every dollar that is given to us by the budget system, not doing so would create a black hole in the accounting that would not only be bad for Mozilla, but also it would cause them severe problems like fines and penalties by tax regulatory institutions.

In order to grow healthy as a program and be able to keep these resources available and managed efficiently in a accountable way, we have to push hard to make the receipt submission a key step into the budget system.

So I encourage you all to please check all your open budgets pending for receipts, and UPLOAD THEM ASAP, the maximum tolerable window should be a couple of weeks after the event end date, also I’m asking Mentors to join on this campaign to check on their mentees open budgets and follow up on this, the goal of this campaign is to have “Zarro Boogs” on budgets by the end of the year.

Regards

Arturo Martinez
Reps Council Chair

1 Like