Budget Training Opportunities

Hi Reps,

There are two more courses coming your way,
these focus on helping navigate budgets for the betterment of Reps,
Mentors, product goals and ultimately Mozilla’s mission.

1. Budgeting (for Reps) - February 27th 8:30 - 10:00 PST (YOUR TIME)
    This call will review some best practices in submitting budgets
    including metrics that matter. This is also an opportunity to ask
    questions, and share your own thoughts on creative budgeting!

2. Budgeting (for Mentors) Friday March 6th 8:30 - 10:00 PST (YOUR TIME)
    This course will cover the best practices for reviewing budgets.
    Thorough budget review is one of he most important ways mentors can
    contribute to the success of their mentee’s initiatives, their impact
    on product goals, and ultimately Mozilla’s mission. This is also an
    opportunity to ask questions, and share your own thoughts on reviewing
    budgets.
    This course is limited to Mentors (for now)

These courses, and others will all be listed on the Community Education Calendar: http://emmairwin.github.io/reps-edu/ (sorry
still waiting on an actual domain) . * I also know times are
showing in PST only, trying to figure out how Google Calendar Embed
works with timezones :S
If you are interested in helping create, lead or QA education & we would LOVE for you to join our Education Community Call this coming Thursday.
Thanks,

-Emma

10 Likes

Just to be clear here, in case you missed it: the link at the beginning of each number in the bullet list link to the Google Form to sign up for it.

@emma_irwin no worries about the Calendar, the links “YOUR TIME” still point to the correct local time :smile:

1 Like

Reps,

I just want to let you all know that this training session is part of a big effort by the Council to update everyone on the changes that have been done to SOP’s over the last months, all those changes are already on wiki, many of those where discussed/approved by mentors during last RemoCamp, we don’t realistically expect that all Reps check the wiki for changes every one in a while for all the SOP’s, so attending this kind of sessions is very good opportunity to refresh your knowledge on all the procedures that reps, mentors and council take when reviewing budgets.

I’ll see you there!

but not the right date :frowning:

someone else pointed this out. I am so sorry I think just looking looking at the calendar (at the bottom of this page), and converting to the local time is the best option whiel I sort out the timezone. sorry for troubles.

http://emmairwin.github.io/reps-edu/

2 Likes

Awesome Emma! However, I got an Error 404 on the link. Thanks!

@bobreyes Woot! we have an actual domain now: http://education.mozilla-community.org/ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @emma_irwin I am interest to this program, how to contribute?

Awesome! Thanks!

Had an awesoem time training with you and konstantina , emma :slight_smile: learned so much ! Thank you both for all the hard work.

1 Like