Z3C update?

Hi i’ve a Sony Z3C with the dogfood canal for update. i’ve not update since end of november. is it normal?

Hi, no update was available since then, so I would answer yes. Last I heard there will be an update this month some time soon.

2 Likes

Hi, It’s the same on mine, and I think it’s normal. Nightly is sometimes a little buggy and people who have a Z3C are not only developpers. So if a bug needs a technical intervention to put the phone again in a stable state, it’s not really cool.
I think that’s why we have only a few updates, but I’m not sure of anything. That just makes sense to me.

Currently, the latest update of the “Foxfooding” program is dated from end of November. Normally a new update will have arrive soon. I had contact with a developer and so these are some information.

As a reminder, the “dogfood” channel contains special builds related to Foxfooding program. Therefore, these builds undergo a verification QA (quality) before being released.

Initially the development team planned to cycle a week for QA validation. But in reality, it always takes a long time because there are always new bugs … The time for the QA team to fix these bugs, it shifts the release of the update.

To overcome this delay worries, teams are planning to implement a new model soon, with separate branches for each build for sending update. This should speed things up.

So no Firefox OS smartphone is not dead (and not just dead at all). Evolutions and development continue indeed, a Mozilla team is in charge of verifying the quality. And we must see the delay between the update of builds as something that is very positive.

I will continue to follow it closely, trying to learn more about the content of the future update and then I will communicate it.

Thanks, Genma.

A rough build process is described here :
https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/QA/BuildProccess
If you believe that there’s a way to improve the process, please feel free
to discuss this. Currently, I am the one helping lead the dogfood
builds/process.

I will be working on getting the rest of the dogfooders on the dogfood
build.
Anyone who has not signed up (via legal agreement) for the dogfood should
not use the dogfood channel.
Anyone who has signed up for the dogfood channel is legally binded to use
the dogfood channel.

Some of the things that may be changing soon is the use of the b2g-ota
channel.

Regards,
Naoki

1 Like

I setup the Dogfood builds so that dogfood should get an update with a
12/30 build. Please let me know if you have not received an OTA update.

Also to note if you are behind and have a 10/23 build, I set up the dogfood
channel to update to that build and then update to the 12/30 build.

[quote=“nhirata, post:6, topic:6435”]
12/30 build. Please let me know if you have not received an OTA update
[/quote]Thanks for everything Naoki.
I checked for the updates on my Z3C (which is on 11/30 build on dogfood channel) but it can’t find an update. I did not change anything regarding channels and I’m a registered foxfooder.

Hello,

Same for me.

Florent

Mozilla Discourse a écrit :

flore

January 12nhirata:

12/30 build. Please let me know if you have not received an OTA update

Thanks for everything Naoki.

I checked for the updates on my Z3C (which is on 11/30 build on dogfood channel) but it can’t find an update. I did not change anything regarding channels and I’m a registered foxfooder.

To respond, reply to this email or visit https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/z3c-update/6435/7 in your browser.

To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences.

To stop receiving notifications about this particular topic, click here.

Hello Naoki,

I am also on the 20151130 build, the one I received my foxfooding z3c
device in Orlando. Up to early this morning there weren’t any updates.

​Please tell us if we have to proceed some way to receive the update!!!

Many thanks!​

Best regards,
Gabriela
QA Mozilla Hispano Team Responsible

Same for me. Search for update with my phone. Not update at 02:30PM (France, Paris).

Ok thanks for the feedback; As I feared I think there might be a bug in
regards to a recent implementation on Balrog.
I’ll filed a bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1239043

Hopefully we will get this resolved soon. Thanks again!

Following the bug, I hope it gets fixed soon!!

Thanks Naoki!!

Best regards,
Gabriela
QA Mozilla Hispano Team Responsible

Mine too is a Z3C. there has been no update notifications since Dec…I cant retrieve or access the folders (gallery for example) on my PC running win7. Is there any else to install?

I’m not sure what you mean by the statement.

If you have a new issue other than updates, please start a new thread so it doesn’t confuse the issues.

bhearsum and I worked on the issue together today.
You should receive a 12/30 build today.

We’re working on getting a 1/11 build out soon for the dogfood channel.

1 Like

Updating now!

Got an update at last!

Updating now to 12/30. Is there a change log of sorts for dogfood channel releases?

I think the change log is here https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/01-08-2016-smoke-test-results-full-flash-aries-master-52-53-tests-passed-1-existing-blocker-full-flash-flamekk-master-53-54-tests-passed-1-existing-blocker/6455

Just receive this update this morning at 8:AM Paris, France when I launch the 4G network on my phone. Thanks the team. Good work. Now attempting the next update to test it.