Z-wave problems - removing z-wave devices - wallswitch status

I encounter a couple of problems with my z-wave devices. Not sure if these are known problems.

Removing a z-wave thing is not possible from the web interface directly. Only if you physically unpair the device first can it be removed. I have three z-wave devices and “problem” occurs with all three of them. ZigBee devices doesn’t have this problem.

Neo Coolcam wallswitch or Neo Coolcam motion sensor. If you disconnect it from power or remove battery it isn’t greyed out in the web interface but will show the last status, it looks like it is still active. Rules can misbehave if not greyed out (unavailable). However the Heiman Smoke alarm is greyed out after battery is removed.

Three z-wave devices:
Neo Coolcam wallswitch, Neo Coolcam motion sensor, Heiman smoke alarm.

Aeotec Z-Stick gen 5 usb z-wave dongle connected to a raspberry pi.

We don’t currently have a way to detect devices that go missing. Battery powered devices often only report in every couple of hours when they’re working.

In general, the only way to know that a device has been powered off is to detect that nothing has been heard from the device for several hours or a day.

Dave, yes that makes sense for battery powered devices. Wondering how other hub/gateways solve this problem? They also wait a couple of hours or a day to report that device isn’t working?