Where do I ask for an addon to be made/a suggestion?

I have a couple of ideas and wishes on addons that I want firefox to have but they don’t already exist. Where is the right place to ask for them?

It’s good to talk about the ideas here. Someone could be interested.

I want a plugin or addon that can modify the way I am shown youtube comments in a variety of ways.

1. Collapse comments that are shorter than a given length: suppose I specify the minimum length to be 7, then all the comments shorter than that would be collapsed.

2. Sort comments in ways that youtube currently doesn’t allow, like sort by oldest or by the number of thumbs ups.

3. Block selected string: Right now you can add a group of words or sentences to blacklist somewhere in youtube settings and comments containing them are not shown. But that is very inconvenient and long. What I want is to simply select a word or a sentence in a youtube comment and then at the press of a button that is added by the addon, that string is added to a blacklist for future.

4. Block an entire kind of comment: where at the press of a button, the entire comment is added to a black list. This would be useful against both copypastas and generic memes on similar kind of videos.

Thanks a lot to anyone that decides to help me.

I also have an issue that might be solved with an add on. If I stay on a website for too long eg: Youtube, the page redirects back to my homepage. Is there an add on that stops that? Its annoying to watch half a video only for it return to my homepage.

1 Like

That’s very interesting. What add-ons do you use now? What is your Firefox homepage’s URI? It may also be that Firefox crashes or be killed in some way (e.g. by an antivirus).

Hi

I use adblocker and avast antivirus. Firefox crashed and went out for a whole week - unable to use it. Firefox homepage is the Firefox Start Page.

BichYu Ngu [http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/emoticons/smile_tongue.gif&retryCount=3]