Where can I get help to debug an extension

I’m the authour of the extension Context Search and I’m having trouble debugging this extension because the Debug Console reports nothing abnormal, but the extension isn’t working as intended! I’m guessing it may have to do with the way firefox handles promises, i.e. async code.
The code for Context Search is hosted on GitHub, here.

Do you mean the “Browser Console”? If you click the “funnel” icon, you can check whether particular kinds of messages are being suppressed.

If you are seeing everything the console has to offer, perhaps there is some code that is failing gracefully and not reporting out an issue. Or due to the context, perhaps the expected code is not running at all.

I’m actually referring to the Debug Console which can be accessed from about:debugging by clicking on the “Debug” link, as shown in the screenshot below:

There is actually one known bug that causes some runtime errors not being logged into the console (and I’m pretty sure this affects background scripts as well):

Regarding promises - they are perfect for handling errors, but make sure you use them properly. Don’t forget to use .catch or second parameter of the .then method. Because even if there is no no error logged in the console, if there is error or exception in the promise, you will get your reject handler invoked.

You can also try to run your extension in Chrome browser.