WebExtensions + indexedDB + random GUID = fail?

Hello,
I have a Chrome extension that I ported to Firefox thanks to WebExtensions support. The extension is a toolbar button that when clicked it opens the index.html file in a new tab (it’s a Twitter client) using “chrome.extension.getURL(“index.html”);”. The extension works well, but there is a major bug: the indexedDB database used in my client is loaded well even if you close the extension’s index.html tab and then reopen it by pressing on the button, but it “disappears” when you close Firefox. In other words every time I close and restart Firefox, my extension don’t find the old database and create a new one as if the old has been deleted. After many tests I understood that maybe the problem is that when I click on my extension button it opens the index.html file (of my extension) in a new tab but the GUID of the extension (moz-extension://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/index.html) is different every time I restart Firefox (this does not happen when I simply close my extension’s page and reopen it, and infact in that case (when the GUID is the same) database works well!). I tried to use a fixed GUID in manifest.json (instead of the email-like address) but then Firefox continues to generate the extension’s GUID randomly at its every startup.

So my question is: is there any way to set a fixed GUID in a Webextensions extension? or any other method to get my database to work even when the extension’s GUID (and so the index.html URI) changes?
Thank you

I looked at the code a few days ago and - no, the GUID is generated randomly every time. If that indeed affects indexedDB (meaning that the database is bound to this GUID rather than the extension in general) then you should file a bug on that, it’s indeed a major one. In fact, when I looked at the code I already wondered whether localStorage would work correctly with that setup.

@billm: FYI

Thank you, I followed your instructions and filed a bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1218756
(I hope I did it well because this is the first time I file a bug)