Updating spec URLs

Hi,
The specification tables instructions says I need to ping an admin or the forums to add a new specification link. But what about updating incorrect links?

The IntersectionObserver page links to the old WICG spec URL which is now sadly 404 (no way on GitHub to get BOTH repro redirects and github.io redirects). The correct URL is now https://w3c.github.io/IntersectionObserver/.

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rick!

I think these are given as general instructions just to be as widely accommodating as possible — someone confident like yourself can ping us about it, and beginners can at least report it as a problem, rather than being put off by some “complex” GitHub instructions.

Saying that, we are more than happy for you to add/modify spec links yourself, if you have the time and inclination. You simply need to submit PRs to add/modify entries for them in these two macros:

the spec name you choose will be the name you need to use in the macro call, e.g.

• {{SpecName(‘IntersectionObserver’,’#intersection-observer-private-slots’,‘IntersectionObserver’)}}
  • {{Spec2(‘IntersectionObserver’)}}

Let me know if you are happy to do this, and if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

Chris

Huh. I wonder when that changed. Those links were working when I last touched that documentation just a few weeks ago. That’s never fun when that happens…

Sheppy

I’ve submitted a PR to update this information. Hopefully it’ll be reviewed and in place soon!

Sheppy