Updates to signed addons

There’s an aspect to the new signing requirement that I’m unclear about. How will updates to signed addons be handled? Will they require a full re-review?

Say my addon has 50,000 lines of code. I haven’t submitted an addon for review yet, but I imagine this review would take some time. If I find I need to change 5 lines, will all 50,000 lines need to be reviewed again before the update can go out?

Suppose I’ve divided my addon into 5 different bundles and the changes are only made in one of those. Can I save some time by having only that one bundle be re-reviewed?

Thanks!

They diff it.

That makes sense. So is it fair to expect that signing for relatively small updates would have much quicker turnaround than initial submission of large addons? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I don’t know what strictly is involved with the signing process and for all I know the functionality has to be assessed, etc., and this would still be complex for a large addon even with only small changes.

Updates are faster and are in a different channel than the original review. @jorgev would have more information on just what is involved, but I think if you let them know what’s changed they’ll only poke at that part(s).

1 Like

Updates should be generally faster than initial submissions. There are also some circumstances where signing should be automatic rather than manual, and updates are more likely to qualify in this case.