updateKey in install.rdf blocks update with update.json

Today during testing i found that i have forgotten to remove the updateKey in install.rdf and the addon points already to the new updates.json on a new https server. So i can not provide a corrected version, because the update.rdf is removed from install.rdf and the updates.json will not work with this key.

Finally i get this now:

Update keys are not supported for JSON update manifests

Of course the updates.json contains not the updateKey property its located in the install.rdf.
Looks like any further online updates are herewith stopped out and i have to distribute manually now. Any further solutions?

Did you try redirecting the json path in the new server to the old rdf update manifest? I don’t think the Add-ons Manager will care what if the original URL ends in .json as long as some valid update manifest is returned.

At first try with changing the server and chksum the new signed to json renamed rdf was not yet working, but get no failure message.

Decided to inspect the incognito updates.json file again and found still em:version in the rdf at previous version. Changed this to new target version, signed, renamed, upload this and it was working!

Thanks!