Unable to get training to work - permission error

First thanks for an amazing package.

I’ve set up DeepSpeech according to the readme and am trying to do a the basic training (ldc93s1) example given in the readme. I’ve tried a few different virutal machines and keep running into the same permission error. My command and output are here:

(deepspeech-venv) robertritz@deepspeech-dev-1:/var/DeepSpeech$ python DeepSpeech.py --train_files data/ldc93s1/ldc93s1.csv --dev_files data/ldc93s1/ldc93s1.csv --test_files data/ldc93s1/ldc93s1.csv  --train_batch_size 1  --dev_batch_size 1  --test_batch_size 1 --n_hidden 494  --epoch 50  --checkpoint_dir "ldc93s1"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "DeepSpeech.py", line 1838, in <module>
    tf.app.run()
  File "/var/DeepSpeech/deepspeech-venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/tensorflow/python/platform/app.py", line 126, in run
    _sys.exit(main(argv))
  File "DeepSpeech.py", line 1790, in main
    initialize_globals()
  File "DeepSpeech.py", line 238, in initialize_globals
    FLAGS.summary_dir = xdg.save_data_path(os.path.join('deepspeech','summaries'))
  File "/var/DeepSpeech/deepspeech-venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/xdg/BaseDirectory.py", line 70, in save_data_path
    os.makedirs(path)
  File "/var/DeepSpeech/deepspeech-venv/lib/python3.5/os.py", line 231, in makedirs
    makedirs(head, mode, exist_ok)
  File "/var/DeepSpeech/deepspeech-venv/lib/python3.5/os.py", line 231, in makedirs
    makedirs(head, mode, exist_ok)
  File "/var/DeepSpeech/deepspeech-venv/lib/python3.5/os.py", line 241, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/robertritz/.local/share'

Sorry for the completely bozo question. It was an obvious linux permission error. Had to change the owner of that directory to my user and it executed.