Tool for causing impact: planning matrices

Hey Friends,

I just posted about planning matrices on my blog which are a type of tool you can use to plan and measure impact you want to cause. They tie well with theories of change you want to promote over time and makes your life easier if you need to extract an OKR to use with the Participation Team.

Planning matrices are just a tool, a canvas you use when you’re planning your actions. They are not a silver bullet or a magical thing that solves CSS alignment and bad cooking. As we learn more about methods and workflows, we become better equipped to cause the impact we want and promote the changes we see as healthy.

OKRs, pomodoros, lean canvas, planning matrices, are just tools, remix them to suit your usage but remember to be on the same page as the teams you are talking to. If you are doing something with a team that uses a specific technique or workflow, then, provide them with the said interface when talking to them.

I hope this resource is useful to someone here. Also on a different but somewhat related note, if you haven’t seen OKRs are also very cool and something that the Participation Team has been using for the past six months, check it out too.

Cheers

3 Likes