This functionality already exists. Why not make something that doesn't

Yes, I read the blurb for this extension but I don’t think it’s something the public is crying out for.
Currently, I can just save the page with right click (not perfect), take a screenshot using the developer tools(ok, this actually captures this extension), or, if I can, use the maff extension (which doesn’t work with e10s) which saves the page along with its assets. It’s this last thing that I prefer b/c I don’t often come upon pages that are static and interesting, but rather pages that use animation/interaction/whatever in unique ways.

1 Like

Or : you can use the OS screen shot / print screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Page Shot is actually designed to make sharing content with others easily. This is why Page Shot creates private pages on pageshot.net and gives you the url. If you share the url, that content is now easily available to anyone that has the url.

If you are not interested in doing this, then maybe it is not for you. We have seen during our experiment in the Test Pilot program that more people have used Page Shot than any other Test Pilot experiment, and we have gotten feedback from plenty of people that like how easy to use and convenient it is.

I agree that capturing the page along with assets is very useful. Page Shot actually originally had this functionality, but it was removed before we launched in Test Pilot to simplify our experiment. Saving a page and the assets may live on in Page Archive, which may some day get tried as a Test Pilot experiment. It is usable right now from Ian’s github repository: