Testing an Add-on with the proper/non dev edition of firefox

So, I recently released an add-on to the firefox community with horrible results. In all the testing we did we did it with Firefox developer edition. Everything worked beautifully with and I was excited to see the add-on hit the add-on store. And then it did and it was hit or miss with whether it actually worked on firefox.

The odd thing is that I can install the same add-on right from the add-on store on both Dev and normal. On the Dev it will work while on the standard firefox install it won’t. Is there a better way to test to ensure that the next version will work on the standard version?

Go to about:debugging and then click “Load Temporary Addon” and select your XPI.

2 Likes

Thanks!

That is exactly what I needed to be able to fix the issue (i think). Is it possible to expedite the review of the new version I’ve submitted?

Yes. make the review of your code easy. The reviews are not done in a strict queue. If you submit small changes in an add-on that can be verified with one glance, you often get them reviewed within minutes to hours.
For bigger changes, especially anything that could be security/privacy relevant, you should write clean, documented code tho help the reviewers to understand that what you are doing is OK. They want to be done with it too, so if there is obviously nothing wrong they will accept your code sooner.

1 Like