Temporary Flatfish builds

Hey everyone!

You probably have noticed the lack of builds in the dropbox, so I’ve started to make my own builds until that issue is resolved.

My .userconfig

LOCALE_BASEDIR=$PWD/gaia/locales
LOCALES_FILE=$PWD/gaia/locales/languages-dev.json
GAIA_DEFAULT_LOCALE=en-US
GAIA_DEVICE_TYPE=tablet
B2G_SYSTEM_APPS=1
B2G_UPDATER=1
MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
PRODUCTION=1

Download latest build

3 Likes

Awesome!

Out of interest do either of the last 2 settings make all the languages available? I was trying to find how this gets done for Flame in the nightlies.

However, as Marcia pointed out, this can eat storage

Steve

Autocomplete may have messed with my text

I think it’s the LOCALES_FILE file that has all of the languages defined. For instance, languages_dev.json files have a bunch of languages already in there.

The LOCALES_BASEDIR tells it where the actual strings are stored.

I had the file populated but something stopped them being used. I’ll look again another time. thanks

Todays build looks ok https://etherpad.mozilla.org/CmJbD8V0QX

1 Like

Any info when will vendor builds be available/good again?

1 Like

Still no answer to @elnino’s question after one month.

I have just noticed that the TCP/Build Status page links to a build made by @yousef as the latest stable build. Vendor builds are still broken while @yousef succeeds providing recent builds. What is the reason for that?

Thanks for your work.

It is unfortunate partner builds are no longer working. We’re working to resolve this. Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

The vendor just hasn’t updated their build files (an upgrade of the builds tools fixed the broken builds). I’ve sent off an email checking on the status of it.

1 Like

yousef, Any news about this?

Thanks!

I didn’t receive a response, so I’m not sure. I’ll try chasing up people
on IRC, but running out of options.

It’s a pity because it seems rather useless testing with such an old build…
Thanks for your answer anyway!

I’ve been doing the occasional build over here which you can still use to file bugs, and the b2g folks can make their own builds if they need extra verification.

I’ll try them as soon as I can then!

Many thanks again!

I’ve just tried this build by Yousef. It puts me onto 3.x which is nice but on the downside, my locale isn’t even showing anymore (Scots Gaelic, gd). On the vendor builds it wasn’t actually doing anything but a lot more locales were showing than in this build. Plus that when I tried to set it to Basque it still comes up in English (and I did download the multi-locale build). Am I doing something wrong? Not a developer, sorry for the basic question.

Who do we chase on IRC to have “real” builds again, @yousef?

jcheng is our contact who can ask the vendor to fix the builds.

if someone asks jcheng, please also remind him/her of the problem with the translations not getting pulled correctly into the builds? I’m getting very disappointed since Mozilla is normally good with l10n, I made a good enough case to get a tablet in order to help with l10n bug finding and in all this time, I haven’t had a single chance to check l10n issues on flatfish.

These builds were provided by the vendor, it’s likely they didn’t configure the l10n options properly.

However, unfortunately the vendor has stopped supporting us, so it’s unlikely we’ll get any more official builds.

Mozilla is really being hornswoggled by vendors over OS it would seem, certainly as regards l10n (also thinking of the availability of UI localizations on commercial handsets).

Anyway, trying to stay positive - in the builds you do, is there a way of fixing the lack of locales? At this stage, I’d do a happy dance just to see an unofficial build with our ‘small’ locales.