Simple printing using JS Print Setup not working

I’m trying to do printing from my addon, using JS Print Setup as a dependency. I’m using the addon SDK and the jpm tool.

I’m basically using a page-worker to format an HTML page and print in the background.

It works on a development machine when selecting the Microsoft Print To PDF printer and the pdf is printed (more like exported) fine.

Now on the real thing, printer Zebra 3x1 it prints blank pages.

Here’s a sample extension that exhibits the problem.

And here’s how it works:
0 - You need to enter a printer name from your machine into the printerName variable in data/to_be_printed.html file.

Here’s an excerpt:

addon.port.on("print", fillPrintHTML);
        var printerName = "Zebra 3x1";  // or put your own printer here, or lend my yours, I don't have one.

function fillPrintHTML() {
        $("#label-container span").text("My Text That Should Be Appended But Doesn't For Some Reason Can You Help Me?");
        setTimeout(function() {
            doPrint();
        }, 100);
    }`

Your target is on the second line
calling jsPrintSetup.getPrintersList() on your Firefox’s console should give you hints of printer names available for you.

1- Install JS Print Setup (probably on a custom profile), then the addon. A word of warning: [JS Print Setup doesn’t work on OS X] (https://www.mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=22369) .

2- Click the addon’s green button on the toolbar, it opens google.com in a new tab.
3- Refresh the tab a couple of times, approving the addon’s permission to print.
4- Thank you for reading up to here!

Does it print? Does it not? and is there anything I’m doing wrong?

Here’s how it should look like [ pdf capture ]