Signed Extension Still has warning

Hi

Our new version extension has just been signed. When I got the latest xpi, I just unzipped it.
We use the windows registry way to install the extension. Now I copy the unzipped folder into the path recorded in the registry. But when firefox restart, there is still the unverified warning.
We did this things lots of times, this didn’t happen before. And I used the differ tools to make sure that the unzipped fold is not modified.
Our add-on page is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/addon/trend-micro-toolbar/edit
Could you help me to find out the reason and solve the problem?

Any alteration to the XPI can cause the sing to fail.
Signing only works if you install the addon as it was signed.

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
But I’m sure that we didn’t change anything. And I checked with my differ tools.
What’s more, we did same operation with my previous signed xpi files. (Unzip, copy to specific directory) It works well without any warning.
When I use this version which was just signed, it can’t work.(There is a warning.)

I am not sure what is happening but differ tools is not the answer as the checksum hash can change while differ tools shows the same (eg changes to white-space, carriage returns, line feed etc).

Try installing the untouched version (the one from AMO) and see if that give out any errors.

Why would you need to install it via Windows?
Download the XPI, and from Firefox open the XPI. (or drop it on the Firefox tab)

Thanks for your advice. I can understand.
But we need to use windows registry way to install our extension. Unzipping it is necessary.

I did following operation as your opinion. First, I use xpi to install the extension. And it works without any warning.

Then I copied the extension folder from Firefox default extension installing path.(Like C:\Users{my user name}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles{Firefox id}.default\extensions{my extension id})
At last, I delete the extension. Using this folder to install it by registry way. What’s more, I checked twice there are no hidden or system temporary files.

When I restart the firefox, it still has warning. I did this for several versions before without any problems. So I guess it may be a bug in this signing and verification system.

Please file a bug here with all the details if you are still seeing this problem.