Sign Firefox extension without publishing on AMO

Hello,

I had an add-on hosted on AMO with the name ZeeKey. Recently it was unlisted from the store because of limited/non-public audience of the add-on. The reviewer suggested me to self-host it. So I followed the suggestion to self-host the add-on. For this, I used the “web-ext” tool to sign the add-on before hosting it.

The tool provided me the signed “.xpi” file but it also published the extension again on AMO (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/zeekey/) .

So, is there a way to prevent the listing of it on AMO and only generate the “.xpi” file for distribution?

Also, the tool does not allow me to use the old id (zeekey@zeetim.com) even though the extension was disabled from AMO.

Is there a way that I can still use the same id while signing the extension using “web-ext” for self-hosting?

Thank you.

Here’s the main article on add-on distribution.

You can upload new versions and choose the Self-Host option in the first step of the upload process, so they aren’t listed. And you can hide your listing again by disabling the version that was accidentally listed.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think web-ext just uses the hosting option for the previously submitted versions, so it assumed then new version was going to be listed too.