Searching Only 'Writing Documentation' Topics

Currently, there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do this. (If someone knows of one, please let me know.) The current process is:

1. Enter a search
  2. In the results, under Topics, check the ‘Writing Documentation’ topic. Note that every time a topic is checked or unchecked there’s another page reload.
  3. Clear the remaining topics one at a time until only ‘Writing Documentation’ is left.
  4. If the desired result is not found, repeat steps 1 through 3.

This is tedious and I think it discourages everyone, myself included from searching for proper instructions when documenting things. What would solve the problem is for an easy way to clear everything.

I have a suggestion. First, replace automatic page reload with a “Search again” button (or some such thing) that is gray until the Topics list changes. Second add a button that clears all topics.

I know, it’s terribly unintuitive, but if you click on “all topics”, it will clear all topics. It’s actually a toggle. Since we want to replace our own search with a hosted solution, we aren’t making any further improvements to the current implementation. Hang in there :wink:

Cross-filed as: