Scrolling page screenshot

May sites have long scrolling pages and I would like to be able to take a screenshot of the long scrolling page by selecting that option.
Likewise taking a visible page screenshot.

Thanks,
Shona

4 Likes

I think Firefox Screenshots can scroll down the mouse and get the full page.
https://screenshots.firefox.com/IwGW73xpH76YedyK/github.com

Thanks so much, I will check that out.

Other screenshot add-ons create such fullpage screenshots with one click and scroll automatically… I expected the same from this built-in function.

2 Likes

Two problems here: One, it seems like you have to scroll down to the end of the page and drag the rectangle manually. It would be nice to have a “Select whole page” shortcut. Two, for pages with a header that is fixed to the viewport (like https://screenshots.firefox.com/#tour), if you scroll down to the end of the page to hit the Save or Download button, the header will be somewhere in the middle of your screenshot, not on top, see attached screenshot.

1 Like

You can select the top most part and the sides and then hold page down or press the END key to get to the bottom of the page to select everything. Or even scroll wheel while holding the screenshot selection.

Screengrab comes to mind. It can grab an entire page/frame in just a right-click >> two clicks. It can send it directly to a website or to your clipboard.

In addition, scrolling too far to the right can cause the page to extend past its borders.

1 Like

Yeah, I recommend ScreenGrab as well. Look for “ScreenGrab (fix version)”. I’d link it, but I don’t want to look like some kind of advertiser.

Really, everything that Firefox Screenshots is trying to do is already possible with ScreenGrab, but ScreenGrab does it all better. It also does much more.

Better than nothing, but one-click full-page save would make it great. Nimbus Capture was perfect until a month ago when, for no apparent reason, they botched it up. Now the same full-page save takes 5x as long to capture and you can no longer change the save directory. I would dump it in a heartbeat for this simplicity.

I recommend trying ScreenGrab then. You can copy or save a full page and the operation is instantaneous. It does much more than that though.

Isn’t full page screenshot option already available on Firefox Screenshots? It works just right.

For some reason, I no longer have Firefox Screenshots so I can’t answer. I have devtools.command-button-screenshot.enabled set to True, so I don’t know. The button is no longer available. It’s not like I’m not seeing it either. When I change that to False and restart Firefox and then go back to look at all available toolbar buttons, it’s completely unchanged. I’ve been sitting here for nearly a half an hour trying to figure this out so that I could give you an answer, but I guess that’s it for me. lol

It’s available under the 3 dots in the URL bar. Did you check there?

I don’t have 3 dots in the URL bar. I am using version 52.3.0 ESR in order to avoid the latest versions of Firefox, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. About a week ago, Firefox Screenshots was added. Today, it’s gone.

Ah, okay. I am on Firefox Quantum - 57.0b4 - it’s available officially from this version.

Is Firefox Screenshots no longer in Beta?

Unfortunately, the Page Shot Test Pilot experiment has ended and is no longer supported, as it has graduated into a full-time Firefox feature in 56.

You may be able to manually install the Screenshots extension in ESR, but I don’t know if it has all the necessary WebExtension APIs to support it. Maybe @6a68 or @ianbicking have that answer and a link?

1 Like

It’s still in beta. Going official this Nov 12.

To be honest, I’m not sure if I want it. I have ScreenGrab.

Interesting. Does ScreenGrab have the same ability as Firefox Screenshots? As in, the ability to capture screenshots of a certain element shown on the screen? I have never seen any other plugin have this feature.

1 Like