Screenshot summaries and changelog do not appear

Hi! I’m one of the developers of VimFx.

I just uploaded new screen shots. The screen shots do appear, but the captions I entered do not. If I hit the “Manage” button the captions appear in the text inputs where you can edit them, so they seem to be saved in the database at least.

I also added a changelog entry for the latest version (0.6.0), but it won’t show up either. Same thing here: It is visible in the Manage view, but not on the actual site.

Changing the add-on summary and descriptions works fine, though.

I’ve also tried changing the captions and the changelog to simply “test”, thinking that perhaps my text was too long or included some illegal character, but that made no difference.

Does anyone know what’s going on here? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known issue?

It is important to get the changelog to show up, because the update was quite large and people need to get familiar with the changes.

I see captions in all screenshots and the version notes for the latest version. Was it just a caching issue?

I noticed it working already this morning, too—when I tried it on a different computer. So I guess everything is correct on your end. Thanks for your time, and sorry about the unnecessary topic.

The weird thing, though, is that even in an entirely new Firefox profile, or in Firefox Nightly (which I don’t use normally), the changelog and screen shot captions are still missing on my computer! All other changelog entries show up as expected, and the screen shot captions used to work. Odd. But that’s my problem, not yours :slight_smile:

(After uploading a new version, everything now appears as expected.)