San Francisco 2018 All Hands - information

What is an All Hands?
An All Hands is a meeting where all the Mozilla employees get together to meet in person with their teammates, to work on their projects, to plan, and to discover more about the objectives and the goals of the organization for the next quarters. It’s also an opportunity to work across teams, to identify shared priorities and to build a broader understanding of Mozilla.

Are contributors invited?
Since our first All Hands in Portland (previously called coincidental work week), we’ve aimed to have highly committed and impactful contributors, collaborators, and volunteers join the event, integrated with employees.

Each team will be making their own nominations of contributors. They will be balancing how central each contributor is, the needs of the projects they are working on, and their own team objectives for the All Hands.

For more information about this process, please visit the wiki.

How many volunteers are invited?
For this All Hands, around 70.

How often we have these All Hands and where?
From 2015, we are having 2 gatherings per year. You can find more info on the wiki.

I’ve been working with X team and they didn’t nominate me, even after I made important contributions.
Mozilla has thousands of contributors, so there are many who are not nominated to attend each All Hands. Those who are nominated are generally part of the core teams of projects or very closely with Mozilla employees.

The nomination criteria should also help guide you.

We encourage you to have a conversation with the team(s) you work with if you want to better understand the types of contributions and involvement that are typical for the people they are nominating.

Where I can find information about the All Hands?
You can check the wiki, where you’ll find all the necessary information.

Other questions?
If you have more inquiries, questions, doubts, please reply to this topic.

1 Like