Reflections from the Practice Week - CoachingTraining

Hi Reps/Mozillians,

In my previous post, I have shared the notes of the practice week which myself and @Mte90 discussed for the given training cases.

In this post, I’m gonna share my reflections on coaching practice week.

My thoughts on the training kits:

• Teaching kits are very helpful, especially for a newbie. Which will be a kickstarting step towards his/her contributions as a functional doer or as a mobilizer.

• It’s a key resource for better learning and better understandings. Everyone in his/her life might have been a coach at any point, these teaching kits help us to relate it to real life.

• It has almost covered all the points which will, in turn, help the individual to transform himself into a perfect Coach.

• The training cases which were given in the practice week was really helpful for a better case study because all those cases are the present scenario’s in today’s real life as a Community member of a specific region. We were able to easily relate ourselves while acting as a Coach/Coachee in the practice week.

My Learnings:

• Listening is the key factor for everything.

• The three levels of listening (Internal listening, Focussed listening, and Global listening) has helped me better understand the real-time problems of a newbie/ contributor where he/she has struck to start off.

• To have better communication channels and be available and help the interested contributors even after the event/workshop.

• Taking feedback and giving feedback help both the coach and coachee to know where he/she stands and helps to learn where he/she can improve.

• Asking or expecting the right question(the power of question) from the coach/coachee will be more helpful for better understanding and better learnings.

It was really my pleasure to have been in this coaching training practice week with an already experienced mentor and council member @Mte90. It helped me a lot to know where I stand and where I need to improve.

Thanks a lot for all the support @fayetandog and @Mte90.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Jayesh Katta Ramalingaiah