Recognition idea

Hi all,

I had an idea at Mozlando that I wanted to actually write down. Rep of the month is one great way to recognize a Rep, and I think we should keep doing it. But it also has its limitations, it only recognizes one Rep per month. We have a lot more Reps doing great work, and not just once a month!

Let’s include a mechanism for “testimonials” on the Reps Portal. This is a common component on many sites - someone praising the organization for the services provided to entice others to seek out the same services. We could restrict it to Mozillians only to help reduce the need for moderation. This way, anyone who had a good interaction with a Rep could post about it right away in a centralized location.

Maybe we could try to tie it in to Rep of the Month as well if we wanted to. Rep of the month could be selected out of the testimonials for that month. Or we could keep it completely separate, where the testimonials are external recognition and ROTM is internal recognition.

This sounds interesting. Would this live on a separate page on the portal or on the person’s Reps profile?

I was thinking it would be on the portal, under ROTM, but that’s a good question about putting it on their pages. It depends on the goals exactly. I think the goal is to make the individuals feel recognized for their work as part of the team. To show the strength of the program through individual success stories.

Would putting the testimonials on an individuals page make them too much about the individual or is that what we want? If so, does that not duplicate the vouch function on Mozillians? If we link the testimonials too directly to the individual, does that encourage the individual to try and game the testimonial feature?

How people feel about this?

I think it’s a good idea but not sure people will be interested in doing it vs shorter social media mentions.

Cheers.

1 Like

They could be social media mentions. We’d need to grab them for the site though. If they’re just mentioned on social media and nothing else then they’re not aggregated for new people to see, or to show off the program.

1 Like