Paypal would not load for Bluhell Firewall contribution

I tried several times to make a contribution to the developer on the Bluhell Firewall page. I would get a box for a moment that said “taking you to PayPal” (or something like that). Then the page would partially grey out and become non-functional. Nothing else would happen.

I cannot find a way to contact the developer other than through the comments window in the pay screen, which seems not to work.

Any suggestions?

ps: I also could not get Mozilla to create a working account for me from the Bluhell Firewall page, which is what I thought I needed for this forum, but I had to go through another registration process here. I got a confirmation code that said I was verified, but then when I tried to log in it said I needed to submit the confirmation code. Why doesn’t Mozilla registration work? Why do I need two different registrations? (I realize domains are different, but both sites are about Mozilla add-ons and sponsored by Mozilla. Seems duplicative.)

Have now spent close to an hour trying to make a small payment, and I’m beginning to feel stupid and put upon.

There’s contact information to the developer in the add-on page. Look for the Support site link, which points to a different forum (not run by Mozilla, maybe that’s what you’re referring to in your post). You can try asking the developer to give you the info needed to make the contribution.

As for the authentication problem, most Mozilla sites will be slowly migrating to use Firefox Accounts. addons.mozilla.org is now transitioning to it, and this forum will probably use it as well in the future.

Thanks for your help. I started with trying to register with Mozilla at the top of the add-on page you linked to (the Bluhell Firewall add-on page). That registration is the one that gave me problems. The domain for that page is addons.mozilla.org. The registration link is:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/users/register?to=%2Fen-US%2Ffirefox%2Faddon%2Fbluhell-firewall%2F

Then somehow I found my way to this site, which I thought was also an official Mozilla site, and which says “Add-ons|Add-on Support” at the top, but which required another registration.

So it’s confusing that the “Support site” link you directed me to does not go here. Looks like there is yet another registration for that site (http://forums.mozillazine.org). That site does not have the usual disclaimer found on a site that references a given company, but is not associated with that company. So most would assume that if this site is an official Mozilla site, that that one would be too.

Do you know why I need a different registration for addons.mozilla.org and discourse.mozilla-community.org if they are both Mozilla? That may seem obvious to some, but it’s not to me. I assumed that if I registered on the Bluhell Firewall add-on page, then I could go directly to a support page based on that registration. (That’s been my experience pretty much everywhere else.)

Thanks for being patient with someone who’s just trying to help a developer.

Mozillazine is an independent forum that has existed pretty much since Mozilla exists. Because of the name it can be difficult to tell it’s not official, I agree.

addons.mozilla.org is also a fairly old site that implemented its own authentication system. Later on, Mozilla developed a unified sign-in solution called Persona, which is what this newer discourse site uses. And now Persona sort of morphed into Firefox Accounts, and that’s what addons.mozilla.org started using (as of yesterday). Presumably, this discourse site and other Mozilla properties will migrate to Firefox Accounts soon. However, they are all major sites with their own development teams and own priorities, so it’s hard to know when it all will happen.

1 Like

Many thanks for the clarifications. Maybe my trouble with registering with addons.mozilla.org had something to do with the transition in registration systems. It’s also possible that the registration server was just hiccuping. I’ll try my login there when I have a moment and see if it sorted out, but it doesn’t sound like that’s a login that I actually need.

Thanks again.