Our addon works under standard versions of Firefox but not with Firefox ESR

Hello,

We have developed a Firefox addon for browser automation. It works on any version of the standard Firefox but not if Firefox ESR version 38.2 is installed (instead of the standard Firefox). With Firefox ESR, in the about:addons, I’ve double checked, our addon is activated and enabled.
What can be the differences between standard version and ESR version from addons point of view?
Thanks in advance.
Michel

It’s very hard to say anything without seeing your code or at least a bit of concrete information.

Are you saying your add-on works in standard 38.2 but not ESR 38.2?

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I could not find the standard Firefox 38.2, so I’ve tested our addon with Firefox 38.0.6, and it works, plus it works too with the latest version of standard Firefox, version 40.0.3. Plus it has always work with the standard versions of Firefox, whatever version number they are.

As a customer reported that our addon was not working with Firefox ESR 38.2, I’ve installed Firefox ESR 38.2 and that’s correct, our addon does not work, it does not interact with the browser whereas it is activated. So I was wondering if Firefox ESR 38.2 was using an about:config a bit different from the standard version of Firefox, or if something else is different between the 2 versions.

Our addon is not signed, but from what I’ve read, in ESR 38.2, it should not prevent our addon to work. I’ve started the process to sign it, but I don’t think it will solve.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Michel

Signing should not be related to your issue.

It’s hard to say anything without seeing the code. Can you upload the XPI file somewhere?

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

I will see what I can do for the XPI and let you know.

Best regards.

Michel

Can you upload to github and share alink to the repo? And of course point us in the direction you think is causing issues.

Hello,

Thanks, it has been solved since a while.

Best regards.

Michel