Organizing our own Discourse Meetups

So in researching the Madrid Meetup it looks like the ones that have happened so far have been organized by hackers and then supported by the founders. It seems we can make them come to us.

In the thread for the New York meetup, co-founder Robin mentioned it was a shame it wasn’t in Toronto. We could try and plan one here. We also have a fair number of contributors in the UK, we could try and plan a London Discourse Meetup. In both cases we could use the Moz offices for the location.

I guess a good first step in either case is to post on the Discourse meta forums to ask if there are others interested in either location.

1 Like

+1 to this idea.

I can reach out to the discourse community sometime during the day or over the next week or so

Toronto would definitely work for me. Let’s see if we can get the founders involved. I bet they could have some great ideas to make Discourse even better for the Mozilla community.

I don’t have time for this now, but here is an etherpad: https://communityit.etherpad.mozilla.org/Discourse-Meetups-Planning

Let’s dump some ideas and first steps, make a bit of a plan before we act. Things to add - locations, seeing if we can find out how active the discourse community is in those locations etc etc.

1 Like