"Oops! We had an error." when replying to a review after deleting previous reply

I was trying to update an old reply to a review of my add-on, but instead tried to delete and re-create the reply, in hope that it would generate a new notification to the reviewer in question (not sure if that happens in the case of a simple edit).

However, I couldn’t re-create the reply. I always get this error:

“Oops! We had an error.
We’ll get to fixing that soon.
You can try refreshing the page, or head back to the Add-ons homepage.”

Nothing seems to fix it, including using another browser and logging in there. I was able to create new replies and edit old ones in everyone else’s reviews afterwards, but I haven’t tried deleting and re-creating anything after the first try failed.

The review is this one:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/swift-selection-search/reviews/690154/reply

Can I do anything?

Best regards,
Daniel Lobo

You can file a bug report for this here. It’s a pretty obscure bug, so I’m not sure it will be fixed anytime soon.

Yesterday I ended up finding an issue already reported with the same problem, so I added a comment there. It’s this one.

Thanks for answering! It seems I won’t be able to reply again, period (until this is fixed eventually). I don’t know how serious this is in the list of priorities, but I do think it’s rather bad for the relationship between developer and user. There’s unfortunately no warning that it’s irreversible and no way to undo it or create a new reply.