Need a deepspeech for dummies tutorial

Hi all,
I am new to Deepspeech and i wanted to train a model for my free spoken digits datset and i found this tutorial TUTORIAL : How I trained a specific french model to control my robot to train using our own data but i have the following questions like

1. where do i place my dataset ? should it be placed under the deepspeech/data folder? or any where else? You can find my dataset from this github link (https://github.com/Jakobovski/free-spoken-digit-dataset)
  2. how the vocabulary.txt file should look like?
  3. if we split the whole dataset into test,train and dev then where should i put the vocabulary.txt file ?
  4. what is an arpa and why do we need it to build the lm model?
  5. I have deepSpeech installed inside a linux virtual machine in my PC and i do not have a GPU support in my device, would deepspeech training will work for my small dataset
    Like those questions i have many questions?
    Basically like in kaldi i need a “DeepSpeech for Dummies tutorial”

Where you want, since you can pass --train_files and others arguments

Please look at data/lm content

This question makes no sense to me, there’s no intersection between dataset and vocabulary file

This is KenLM-level, you jush ave to build it in the process, but you won’t need it after

Not sure I get the point here:

• do you want help to get teh GPU working in the VM ?
  • do you want help to get it working on your basesystem where the GPU is available ?

Define your hardware, define your dataset. We can’t tell you without more context …

Hard to write when you don’t now what “dummies” might be. Training a model is non-trivial. What dummy do you target ? People who know nothing about machine learning ? People who are keen in machine learning but just new to DeepSpeech ?

As for the second kind, I’m experimenting that: https://github.com/Common-Voice/commonvoice-fr/blob/master/DeepSpeech/ so it’s easily forkable, hackable, reproductible for people who wants to ease the pain.