My addon stopped working after update

The new version of my addon doesn’t seem to work (at least not to me in Firefox 39.0), but it has been reviewed (!) and it’s public (after a loong time in the queue).
There are only some minor changes in this version so I can’t see what’s wrong. Is it a signing issue ?
All previous versions listed on ‘Status and Versions’ page have the word ‘-signed’ appended, but this new version doesn’t.
Wasn’t it supposed to be automatically signed?

I don’t get any errors, after installation the addon should add entries to the Tools menu and on right click context menu, but nothing’s there.

Previous version worked fine.

Am I missing something?

Got a link to the addon? As for the signing, they no longer add signed to the version. It just IS signed.

Here’s the addon:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sd-tools/

Thanks.

Newest version does appear to be broken. I have Firefox 40. I’ll have to look at the source in the package to see what the diff may be.

Thanks a lot, that’ very nice of you.

You’ll hit yourself. chrome.manifest expects a file named sdtools.jar to be in the chrome directory. You instead have two folders (which would otherwise be in the jar file). If you zip the two folders and rename that to sdtools.jar it works.

Hm… that’s it? :blush:

Yes, that’s what I did in previous versions, but I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that .jar files are not needed anymore and should not be used due to performance issues or something like that, do you know anything about that ?

Thank you for resolving this!

As far as I can tell, you just need to edit your chrome.manifest and remove references to the jar file:

content sdtools chrome/content/sdtools/
content sdtools chrome/content/sdtools/ contentaccessible=yes

skin sdtools classic/1.0 chrome/skin/classic/sdtools/
style chrome://global/content/customizeToolbar.xul chrome://sdtools/skin/main.css

overlay chrome://browser/content/browser.xul chrome://sdtools/content/sdtoolsOverlay.xul

Yes, I thought something like that should be done, thanks!