Mobile on local time, desktop on UTC?

I’m experiencing an odd time warp with my rules utilizing the Time of Day addon:

• on my mobile, times are displayed in local time (PT for me)
  • on my laptop, times are displayed in UTC

Both views used to agree. I don’t modify rules too often, but I think this didn’t start until after the 0.10.0 release.

Since I don’t see anyone else reporting it, I’m assuming it’s something wonky with my setup or browser (Fx 70.0.1 on macOS 10.14.6). All other time references in my browser appear in local time.

Any suggestions on debugging appreciated.

Clock-based rules are now based on the timezone the host is configured to. That can be changed via Settings -> Localization. They should always be displayed in that timezone, regardless of browser.

However, I am seeing some weirdness when creating a rule. I’ll take a look at that.

Okay, somehow I missed localizing, so I’ve been Afghanistan using London time. :upside_down_face: Correcting that to US/PT doesn’t change anything with the display (bummer) or rules (good).

However, I just noticed that Localization only appears on my desktop web browser. I’m assuming the mobile just uses settings provided by the OS. (Seems like that would be reasonable for desktop as well.)

If you’re seeing differences in the UI between two browsers you might want to hard reload or clear your browser cache. The localization option should appear regardless of what browser or OS you’re using on the client side.

Ah, you’re right. The browser “missing” the localization option was web-site-as-app on iOS. I’d done the “Add to Desktop” thing, and that removes a bunch of normal browser functionality (like the ability to refresh). In normal Safari, the localization is there.

The odd thing is, I deleted and recreated the app, and the localization item still didn’t appear. So something is different there, but I don’t know how to debug.

Ah hah - I got it – it’s a multi step process:

• delete “app”
  • reboot phone
  • recreate “app”

Now the “app” has the localization menu. I guess that’s the iOS definition of “hard reload” :wink: