Looking for OSCON volunteers

Hello All,

We are looking for four reps in North America who can attend O’Reilly Open Source Convention July 20–24, 2015 in Portland, Oregon. If you are not in the United States it is preferred that you already have a valid U.S. Visa to avoid travel complications.

Please reply here if this is something you can commit to! The booth hours would be:
Tuesday, July 21
5:00PM - 6:00PM (Reception)
Wednesday, July 22
10:00AM - 4:30PM5:40PM - 7:00PM (Booth Crawl)
Thursday, July 23
10:00AM - 5:00PM

Experience doing booth duty is a big plus and press training with Mozilla PR team is also a big plus. Please if you can tell us how much a cost for a ticket round trip from your nearest airport would be to Portland, OR.

1 Like

I’d definitely be able, and would love, to do this.

My cost would be roughly $500 (+/- $50).

Hi Ben,

I’m interested in volunteering.

It’s been quite sometime since I volunteered in a booth (last time - Squaw Valley, CA). I would love to do it again.

EDIT:
Flight Cost Estimate: ~$500 (CVG-PDX) 20-24 July.

Can you edit your post and give us a rough flight cost estimate (I know its a moving number but something we need to consider)

Can you edit your post and give us a rough flight cost estimate?

Done.

Well I can attend.
I am at present in San Jose, so a 8 hours car drive if I rent a car. Or approx $206- $230 round trip in airlines (If I book now).

I would love to hop on board if there’s a seat left. My roundtrip cost from SLC would be (if I booked now) $237.

Hi All,

thanks for proposing to be part of the OSCON event.
We are planning to define things by next week, in order to have a budget estimation, and know exactly how many people we can support.

Expect some updates soon!!

Cheers,