Lastpass "featured" status...Should it still be featured?

I am looking for help with passwords, and saw Lastpass as “featured”. But, as I read the reviews (all from the last 3 months, since an update), they were very bad. I then went to their website, which was equally harsh on the newest update. I won’t be getting Lastpass just yet, due to those reviews (that is why I read here and on their own website).

I do trust Mozilla in its recommendations, which is why it bothers me that there is no fast recourse for validating/checking an addon from the featured list. I am sure it gets a LOT of hits for just being “featured”, I almost did, but happened to read the reviews. Maybe my concern is unfounded, but that is why it would be nice to have a specific forum/area for that.

I also know there are growing pains every time there is an update and some addons update more often then others, so I understand not checking each addon all of the time (there are too many).

I proceeded to read up on how addons make the featured list (panel with 6 month rotation), but it doesn’t say how they (the addons) are removed from “featured”. I saw another post that one person reported an addon removed from the addons but it was still featured on Mozilla (it was listed in a few different packs/bundles). I also looked for a specific forum for posting these types of issues (removed addons, or sharply declined reviews) for featured addons, but could not find that either, hence my posting here. (there was very little information on “featured addons” in the forums, which actually seemed strange to me too! LOL)

Is there a way we (the casual user) can notify the “featured” department or Mozilla or someone who can check into those issues and get the complaints resolved (or discredited)?

Or, could there be a way that when an addon does a large makeover (not sure how one would distinguish that), that it is automatically removed from the featured list until it can be looked at by the people who approve the “feature” banner for addons?

I appreciate your taking the time to read this.

Thanks very much for raising this issue with LastPass. It will be removed from the featured collection. We do periodically re-review the featured collection, as add-ons may deprecate over time or new versions introduce problematic issues. But sometimes we fail to catch everything.

For reference here’s our policy on rotating featured add-on content:

If you encounter future issues with any of our featured content, please feel free to let us know by emailing amo-featured@mozilla.org.

Thanks again,
Scott
Editorial Manager, AMO

1 Like