Is Personas Plus Broken?

i’m trying to figure out why i can’t get personas plus to work with (gasp) the pale moon browser. from some of the reviews on personas plus, it looks like it isn’t working in firefox? or is it? has it been fixed? there don’t seem to be any updates for it.

is it totally working? do i have to bug the pale moon guy?

i have (or had) personas plus and personas expression. expression is still working and has an icon. personas plus does not have an icon, does not have a “tools” menu entry, and does not allow me to add the icon into my toolbars from the customization option. also, none of the personas/themes i have will apply properly to the skin. (although a new one i downloaded today did apply.) only the background colours appear, no graphics.

i have re-installed personas plus, enabled, disabled, changed options, checked for updates…

okay, are all my old personas/themes completely incompatible with personas plus now? the only one i can enable is the new one i tried today. but how do i rebuild my custom persona without the icon/toolbar option?

any info on where i even start to try to fix this appreciated. thanks!

My suggestion would be to try in a clean profile. If the errors can be replicated in a clean profile then there are further steps, if they can’t be, then something you have is conflicting with it.

It’s broken due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1167029 in modules/service.js#1477. There might be more issues, I didn’t look any further.