Is any way to change the addon from unlisted to listed without losing of current users?

Hi, How can I migrate an addon from a listed status to an unlisted status without losing all the existing users?

As I found in all previous topics, for this migration I need to delete current unlisted version and resubmit new as listed. Is it still the same process? I’m asking, because nowadays the process to publish in store has changed little bit?

And how to save all existing users? Extension exists more that one year and it would be very painful to loose all.

@jorgev should be able to answer the question.

You can have listed and unlisted versions for the same add-on. You just need to change the “Where to host” value in the first step of the submission process. No need to deleted the listing or make it invisible.

It isn’t clear to me if you’re moving from listed to unlisted or the other way around, since the topic and the contents contradict each other. Users can only move from listed to unlisted manually. That is, you can prompt them on your listed add-on to move to the unlisted one, but you can’t do it automatically. To move from unlisted to listed, all you need to do is have an unlisted version without an updateURL. That makes Firefox look for updated on AMO, so a listed version with a higher version number will cause an update to happen and all users to move to the listed channel.