Install addon for all users on Firefox 43 Windows

Hi all, we are developed (and signed through AMO) and addon in our company and we want to install on Firefox 43. We have put it into archivos de programa/Mozilla Firefox/browser/extensions directory (.xpi file), because we want the addon be available for all users of certain machine.
If we check addon manager, Firefox indicates that our addon couldnt be verified, but we are sure that it is signed correctly, because we are able to install through Add-on manager.
Of course, we could establish xpinstall.signatures.required to false, but in that case every user needs to activate manually the addon.
What are we doing wrong? Isnt browser/extensions directory an incorrect place to install addons for all users of machine? Is posible configuring Firefox 43 in that way that all add-ons installed are activated by default?
Thanks in advance,

Paco

See the documentation here. I think you’re using a location we no longer support.

Thanks for your reply jorgev. There is one thing I dont understand about documentation:

Extensions installed using this method are visible in all profiles for the given application, new and pre-existing…

But, in a windows scenario, extensions are placed into %appdata% ¡that is a profile directory!

On the other hand:

Extensions installed to this location will be disabled by default and will be available for all applications with the

We need a silent installation, in that way user doesnt need to activate our custom add-on manually. Is it possible in Firefox 43 and Firefox ESR 38?

Thanks

Users in my organisation don’t want new tab page filled with stuff, so I always set it to about:blank.
As of firefox 41.2 (I think) the preference for this got removed, leaving the users with an undesirable configuration. I am now trying to install a simple add-on which will give the users back the blank page, however installing it for all users is a pain in the ass. This is because of 2 reasons:

1. Documentation. There is depricated documentation which isn’t marked as such. The documentation you provided isn’t complete either.
  2. The install location. The page you refer to, requires me to deploy files to all users profile directories. This is unacceptable and a unmanageble solution. I can place my XPI file in the extensions directory in the Firefox installation folder, but it requires user intervention.

Is there any simple way to deploy the XPI to a location and have me edit the mozilla.cfg to enable it automatically? If not, I fear we are going to drop Firefox as a default browser and move on to an alternative.

jo0lz, have your users privileges for install addons? If that, one posible solution is to publish a link which exposes your addon, and it will be installed automatically. This is the solution we have used in our organization.

Regards,

Unfortunately, users are not allowed to install addons.

are you using Firefox ESR 38.x? try to put .xpi file into firefoxDirectory/browser/extensions. When you launch Firefox, it asks you to install a new addon.

For this use case, I suggest you look into the documentation in the Enterprise support page. If you can’t find the answer there, you can ask on the Enterprise list. I know this problem comes up often, but I don’t know the exact answer.