IAM/CoSS/ParSys Sprint K Review

Sending best wishes to our Volunteers in Mozilla Kerala. Be safe in spite of the Nipah virus.

Dear Stakeholders,

Here we go with our regular update …

Highlights

• Events Utility v1 was launched!! :tada: You can find its link on the SSO Dashboard.
  • Firefox Accounts have landed in Mozilla IAM.
  • We have a video prototype for a Log In / Sign Up flow through NLX. It will be first used by Common Voice.
  • Updates on Mozillians.org Repositioning UX and architectural thinking.
  • Improved Discourse login flow: We heard your voices and improved the failed login experience.

Community and Cross-Org Contributions

• Thanks @rfkelly, @vladikoff, jbuck, @adavis and many others in the Firefox org for their work and help on Firefox Accounts (and adding specific features just for us)!
  • Continued thank you to all the people who press the Report button on Mozillians.org spam profiles. Please send me a message and I will add you to future thank you notes.

Release Notes

We are still missing Release notes for Mozillians, which now adds the GitHub username of a user to the profile. We will add it once it’s available.

IAM/CoSS Sprint Review

Video:
https://air.mozilla.org/iam-coss-parsys-sprint-k-review/
Slides:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cMuKncrSm7ixi4Wz_yy_mo9a3SodF_kFwrIqjM0ln7Q/edit

OKR Confidence Levels

This is our latest Q2 OKR confidence scoring. It is prefixed in brackets, the scale is 1 (low confidence) to 10 (high confidence).

O1: Easy to manage and trusted security

• (4) All Staff members have Mozillians.org profiles
  • (4) Workday API integration scoped out with People team
  • (5) Main components of the IAM Stack are hosted on the kubernetes-based Mozilla IAM infrastructure
  • (10) Expiration of access based on service usage

O2: Build towards high-value needs

• (10) Add Firefox Accounts to account linking
  • (10) Add Firefox Accounts as login method to Mozilla IAM
  • (5) The Person API replaces Mozillians.org’s public API
  • (6) Plan transition of Bugzilla to Mozilla IAM

O3: Mozilla IAM is easy to use

4 Likes

Another really exciting update! Thanks so much to the whole team for your highly valuable output. Each and every update seems to bring me an improved experience recently. Particularly stoked about Splash and the pending sign-in changes to Bugzilla.

1 Like