I can not add google calendar event

Good afternoon. This is my first participation. I hope eventually to be able to provide answers. I just install and configure Thunderbird 38.4.0, and then setup Lightning 4.0.4.1 extension to synchronize with my calendar in Google. However, when I want to add a new event, tells me that it has not been able to make the change. What could be happening?

Sorry my grammar.
Regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings

You might want to contact the author of the add-on. @kewisch might be able to help.

Thanks for answering. By the way, how I can get in touch with him? I ask because when I visited his profile page, I could not find any option to send him a message.

Regards from Lima, Perú

I am here :slight_smile: What exact message are you getting? How are you accessing Google, i.e. are you using the Provider for Google Calendar?

Thanks for answer. Let’s see, I’ll try to explain better that I can, but be patient with my grammar.
I use Thunderbird 38.4.0 and install Lightning 4.0.4.1 and Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.4

I start my calendar in Thunderbird and add a new calendar using a private URL (the private URL of my calendar in Google Calendar). Then, i synchronize and all looks OK. The properties of my account allows me to add new events because the option “only read” is unchecked (I translate all because my Thunderbird is in spanish)

Now I add a new event, choose the right calendar (Google Calendar), set all the parameters IN need (date, title, etc.) and click the button “Save and close” and this is the message I receive few seconds later:

An error has occurred while writing to the Google Calendar calendar!

Error Code: MODIFICATION_FAILED
Description:

There’s nothing in the description by the way. Aditionally appears a warning icon at the right of my calendar in the left column. When I open te properties I see that the opcion “Only read” is checked. Remember, at the beginning this option was unchecked

I hope I have explained well. I will wait your answer.
Regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings

The Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.4 no longer requires entering the private URL. Please unsubscribe from the calendar and then subscribe again. When clicking “Google Calendar”, the “Location” field should go away. If this is not the case, please disable any other provider add-ons until you are done subscribing to the calendar. The Provider for MS Exchange is often a culprit here.

In the text field, you need to enter your email, not the url.

Thanks a lot, works perfectly

1 Like