How to support review as a developer / waiting for full review since >5months

I am into add-on development about a year now. I would like to learn more about reviews and how to deliver my add-on in a way that makes reviews easier.
From the review queue statistics I concluded that our add-on (UUID: jid1-mQ1GT2z5DSpT9g@jetpack, add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/cahoots/) seems to be one of those with particularly long review times. I wonder if its possible to get some feedback from the reviewers about it? Maybe there is something I can do/improve/help?
I published a new release 1.1.6 on December 9 when I saw that my last release 1.1.4 from July wasn’t fully reviewed yet (and thus not signed?). Now I realized that signing is mandatory and that our add-on will be completely incompatible with FF 44 (or already 43?), am I seeing this right?
Can anyone tell what happens after users upgrade FF to 44, will the add-on downgrade to the latest signed version then (which would be 1.0.2.1-signed from March) ?

We are already considering adding a second distribution channel with a non-listed(this auto-signed) add-on to compensate the need for faster release cycles, still unsure if we really want it. but most of all we really really want to keep our active users. It would be very kind to get some advice on how to possibly act now in order to keep existing users and being able to provide them with updates.

Looking at your add-on status, I see this:

• Version 1.1.4 was reviewed in August, meaning it is signed. Getting preliminary review is sufficient to have your add-on signed. You can find more information about this here.
  • Version 1.1.6 has been awaiting review for a month. I suppose the 5 month number comes from the time your add-on has been awaiting full review without getting it. Not that one month is a reasonable waiting time, I admit we’re way behind on this.

So, just to be clear: Firefox 44 (probably, could be pushed back to 45) won’t allow unsigned files to be installed. Version 1.1.4 is signed, so your users should be okay unless there’s something broken in that version.

The best way to help us is by applying to be a reviewer. I should note that the backlog of reviews is more due to lack of admin reviewers than lack of regular reviewers. We are working on getting more admin reviewers onboard, but the progress has been slow.

Thanks @jorgev,
happy to read to your answer. I’ll follow your suggestion. This all totally makes sense to me.
Thanks again!