How to start a new topic via email?

I know I can subscribe/track posts to categories and receive them via email. How do I start a new topic in a particular category via email?

1 Like

This isn’t possible (yet)

The discourse devs can’t decide on the right balance between web only and allowing mail. They created reply by mail since it’s the most common action.

I’d advocate for using the web interface, too, except for possibly quick responses to things via email. Using the web interface allows you to access discourse at it’s finest :slight_smile:

That might be true in one sense. But, my email client is where my communication is centralized and it’s where I’m most efficient.

That’s a common thing, and is totally understandable.

There’s a lot of people who are more comfortable with email than the web interface, which is why they built reply by email in. They should probably have a new topic by email, with that being the end of email features, I think. I can suggest this to them later on

I think we should have a clear procedure to contribute upstream (suggestions, bugs or even code) so we can move our needs sooner to them.