Get add-on moderated

We’ve submitted our add-on about 3 months ago and wanted to know how to get our add-on moderated more quickly?

I am using a modified version of New Add-On Toolbar. Due to the fact that I am nearly blind I cannot see items looking down. I had requested from the developer of this add on that he create a version that puts the toolbar at the top under the address bar and he sent me an unsigned version that does just that. This has worked out great for me, however since Mozilla is eliminating my ability to run this toolbar in future versions of firefox, I am looking for a way to get this moderated. I am not a developer and the developer did not seem interested in developing the modified version further. Please HELP. If this continues I will be forced to abandon firefox.

1 Like

If you’re just an end-user (i.e. not a developer and such, and/or did not have the permission of the developer), the quick and easy solution is to change the id of the addon, and submitting it as an unlisted addon. Given the recent change in the addon submission policy, unlisted addons are approved automatically and immediately. Hence, you can continue to use that version for yourself.

The change that was made to the add on was done by the original developer and emailed to me. If I knew how to change the ID and submit as an unsigned add on I would, but I don’;t know how. That is exactly why I came here asking for help. I have tried just changing the add on name and submitting but it doesn’t work and I don’t know how to do more than that. Is there anyone willing to actually help?

Which add-on are you referring to?

TrustaFact : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/trustafact/ https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/trustafact/

I see. It’s flagged for admin review, which means the review takes longer than usual. We now have a couple additional admin reviewers who are helping reduce the waiting times for add-ons like yours, but there’s still a pretty long backlog to process. Hopefully this won’t take more than a couple more weeks.

If you wanted to have it reviewed more quickly, you could try submitting a version without obfuscated/minified code, so it isn’t flagged for admin review.