GeeksPhone that you don't use

Hi,

If you have a GeeksPhone (or some phone with Firefox OS) that don’t use please donate to other Reps that we need for events and demos in our countries.

Do you have some phone?

Regards.
Junior

1 Like

And maybe we can create a list of “donors” and Reps that still need a device.

1 Like

I have a keon that I’d like to donate. I can bring it to mozfest to try to avoid customs as much as possible (fees and possible loss).

1 Like

List of “donors” and other list of Reps that need a device, good idea!

I will create this list in a etherpad.

Here are a List of “donors” and Reps that need a Phone with Firefox OS

https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Ed0Ht9RiTS

Hey Junior, I saw that Hugo Acosta will go to mozfest, I could give the Keon to him so he can bring it back to you.
What do you think of this?

Yes!, great!!

Thanks flore.

OK. Will do that.
It avoids the customs hassle (and fees) and we are sure that you’ll get it. Perhaps even faster than through mail.

Hey all! Here, in the Hungarian community we have quite a few Keons remaining on stock. These are devices aimed at developers that weren’t/couldn’t have been distributed to FxOS devs (and due to current policy, of the Flames being the reference device for Firefox OS developers, they are not really going to be, anyway).

Because of all this, I am planning to bring a few KEON-s to MozFest next week - if you are coming and you don’t have a FxOS device, or your community is short on devices back home, just shoot me a tweet while at mozfest and can provide you with one keon for the betterment of mankind and spreading the mozlove. :wink:

Hi Flaki! One of our community members, Kristi Progri had her Keon stolen last month. It would be very awesome to replace it for her, if you are able to.
I am going to be at MozFest London (if I get the visa, always) so that would be no problem.
Let me know if that works for you

Hi Flaki, My name is Jorge Aguilar and I’m from Mozilla Honduras Community, I want three flames to Honduras, we could do to have it send? . You can talk to me, this is my mail: jorgeaguilarm94@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Hi Jorge!
Two things:
First, we only have some KEONs lying around – no Flames, unfortunately. Sorry about that.
Second thing is, I don’t think it would be feasible (or at least, not economical) to send the devices by post to Honduras (from Hungary) as the only place these two countries are close to each other are in the alphabetical list of country-selector dropdowns… :smiley:

That said, don’t you know someone, who’s attending MozFest from the Honduras community and could bring some devices (again, Keons, no Flames) back to your country when they return?
I would gladly provide some devices if their transport could be arranged by such means.

Jorge, keep in mind that this is initially just for Mozilla Reps, who are responsible for the devices and their usage.

I’m sorry… :frowning:

@flore and @junior - Sadly - Hugocan not make it to the Festival - just FYI
Maybe @deimidis can make the trade?

I will bring the device to mozfest and we’ll try to get it in south america easily.
If @deimidisagrees to take care of this, it would be great !