Firefox Video issue?

Any ideas why Firefox stops responding when going into fullscreen on YouTube?

What channel are you using? Beta firefox? Nightly?

I am using the normal FireFox release. Though I have tried using the Beta and got the same result. I have even tried undoing all of my add-ons. Everything else worked yet when I go to YouTube everything freezes.

Further testing I have done with working with my add-ons I found that it was LastPass that was not working. Since I have removed it I seem to be working a lot better so far the issue seems resolved so I will have to leave a comment on the add-on and warn the developer of what was happening.

Thanks for doing those tests and sharing, thats interesting though, I dont see how LastPass could interfere with it. Try creating a new profile and testing there, you can use this to create a new profile:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/profilist/

It seemed odd to me, and the fix was short lived. It seems it was not one of my add-ons as I thought. After a few times of opening a video in YouTube it started happening again. So I went back and reinstalled them all. It has to be something in the YouTube layout? Though that does not make sense either since no one else I know is having the same issue. So, now I am stumped…

Just wondering, is there a tool to help delete/uninstall the developer edition? when I was trying to figure out what was causing the problem I installed that version as well. It seems however it does not uninstall as easily as the others did. So I suppose in this case I have two versions and only need/want the one.

Keeping Developer Edition installed shouldn’t have any negative effects in your regular Firefox install. If you want to remove it, though, you can remove it like any other program in your system. The user profile remains after uninstall, which is the expected behavior for regular Firefox as well.