Firefox OS for Nexus 5

Hey all,

I made a Multirom image for Firefox OS. I have the Lollipop kernel on my phone and it works pretty decently. The biggest problem for me is that it won’t connect to Sprint’s network, but it might work with GSM - not sure yet. It’s built pulled straight from git, so it’s bleeding edge, and probably buggy. If there’s interest, I can try to build 2.0 rather than Nightly.

• Download: (snip, domain expired and build was super old. will update soon(ish?))

• md5: 5db2a4f7ac828c890f553967f98c4a3f

• sha256: 3ca2a8dc7ed867cf848a37e4ac59c99dc8cadf1f0bbf2e4e19fb5b3e8b415c22

Let me know if you have any problems!

1 Like

I saw @pierros Nexus 5 with Firefox OS time ago, not sure which build he is using.

It turns out I built this wrong! It works, but there are no apps installed. I'm going to rebuild it later - @yousef and I are working on a build server on DigitalOcean, rather than building locally and uploading (very) slowly.

Nice work man! Is there any way to update the rom? Just if there is any update to de code. I don’t understand a lot about it, sorry if I’m wrong.

The link is not working. The camera work?

Sorry, the domain I was using expired. I need to re-build soon, this image is way old. I’m not even sure what worked/didn’t work with it anymore.