Firefox Add-on Verification fails to install via registry on 45.0.1 (32bit). Is this a bug with Firefox 45.0.1?

Environment: Win 7 (32 or 64 bit); Firefox 45.01 x86

Problem:
The installation of Signed Add-on works if installed manually. However, the same Add-on installation fails to verify using the registry installation method.

Note: Using on Nightly 48.0a1 (x64) the same Add-on verifies correctly using the manual or registry installation method.

Question: Is this a bug with 45.0.1?

I had this issue as well. Check if your preference xpinstall.signatures.required is set to false, if it is, then reset it to true and restart your browser. That’s what fixed it for me. Although I would have thought there was no connection between that pref. It might just have been the restart that fixed it.

Which add-on are you referring to? Have you verified that it has full review?

Hi Jorge,

No, it is a signed preliminary review add-on. Try to understand why it behaving differently as stated.

Thank you for your reply

Currently, there are two types of signature. You need the full review signature in order to be able to install add-ons via the registry. We’re dropping this restriction in 46, but for now you need to request full review on AMO and use the add-on file with the full review signature.