FEATURE REQUEST: Password Generator

I currently use an alternative password tool and would love to keep my data all within the browser I already know and trust. One feature that most other password management tools has that this one is lacking is a password generator. I would leave to see this feature implemented into Lockbox.

6 Likes

@derekslillard I’m glad you’re excited to use this tool when it supports your password generation needs! Password generation is part of our long-term strategy to better support our users when creating new online accounts. It’s a bit further down the road for us, but when we get there, I’ll be sure to update this thread.

In the meantime, our focus is on access and retrieval; helping our users gain access to the passwords they’ve already saved in the browser across multiple devices.

1 Like

+1

I’m about 30 minutes into my first exploration of Lockwise and this is the second major miss that I’ve encountered (the other being the ability to bulk import passwords from a CSV file to allow easy transfer from a different password manager).

“In the meantime, our focus is on access and retrieval; helping our users gain access to the passwords they’ve already saved in the browser across multiple devices.”

Certainly being able to capture existing passwords is a basic and necessary feature, but so is a good password generator.