Feature request: full-page shot

It can be useful to take a full-page screenshot of a page, sometimes because it’s a really beautiful page, or for simple archival reasons. (Saving pages is a bit clumsier, and it requires a browser to view the result, whereas an image can be opened anywhere and will display the same way.) Currently to achieve this, one has to drag the shot selector over the entire page, which can be prohibitive for very large pages.

3 Likes

I use the screenshot button of the firefox developer tools for that

This feature is actually already implemented and should go out in the next release (tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 24). We’re including a button to save the “visible” portion of the page and another to save the entire page.

In a later version of Page Shot (or as a related experiment) we also have something like “Save As” that saves an archival version of the page. We haven’t yet decided when we’ll roll that out.

2 Likes

I use page shot for development or showcase presentation so as i tried to take a shot from a long blog post i wrote the image was not taken completely. any thoughts on that?! this feature helps me a lot since i am a blogger, so anything that helps would be greatly appreciated.
https://pageshot.net/jnrweidXgECSsg7d/192.168.192.133

Can you provide any more information about the “Save As” experiment?
Is the plan to provide something similar to the maff extension?

what about a feature to comment/mark up/ draw on /crop before saving? Similar features are in Awesome Screenshot… I’m all for native functionality.