Exploring models for open health data

This session is facilitated by Lisa Murphy

Show on schedule

About this session

During the session I intend to give an introduction to this work (5 mins), and then facilitate a discussion on three key themes (15 mins each) that have emerged from early stage research: ‘Bridging the gap’ between healthcare staff and developers/data scientists; ‘Trust and engagement’ of the public in sharing their health data; ‘Accountability’ in open access health data. The final 10 minutes will then be spent gathering further questions and comments on the idea of a health data trust.

Goals of this session

I have been exploring civil society attitudes to sharing of health data for digital product design and development, with the intention to model the possibility of having a ‘data trust’ for health data in the UK. I would therefore intend to use this session to meet a diverse range of people working in technology development, evaluation, regulation etc. to understand their views on open health data. This includes gaining insight on how to ensure appropriate data access, portability and accuracy that will allow maximum innovation and return of investment from patient data.